Thursday, February 7, 2013

Philips WP 3890


I got a Philips WP 3890 water purifier as a gift. I thought I was lucky to get such a valuable and concerned gift. 

My problems started when I decided to install it at my home. I called up the Philips support and rose a request for installation. The support team sent a person for installation. He installed the device. Surprisingly, the device initiated but no water is coming out. The person left without fixing the problem.

After several calls the Philips team sent another engineer to my place. He studied the situation and confirmed that the pressure for the water inflow is not sufficient.

He suggested to install a booster pump which regulates the water flow.  I inquired about the device. It costs around INR 3000/-.

I made some search in the internet and finally agreed to his proposal and installed the booster pump.

The device is working fine.



About the Device

Philips WP 3890 water purifier has a flow rate of 1.2 litres per minute. It has 3 purification stages like- Pre-filter purification, activated carbon purification (sediment filter) and Ultra-violet purification. Its new UV (PLS) technology destroys known waterborne viruses. It comes with user replaceable filter which can be replaced whenever indicated by purifier system. Its PureProtect Lock feature locks the down the Purifier if the filter is not replaced on time. Its other feature include PureFlush that automatically flushes all internal pipes and the UV chamber after every filter change.

Specifications

Weight and dimensions

  • Product weight: 3.6 kg
  • Product dimensions: 287 x 156 x 422 mm
  • F-box weight: 5.3 kg
  • F-box dimensions: 338 x 207 x 460 mm


Technical specifications

  • Voltage: 230 V
  • Frequency: 50 Hz
  • Power rating: 25 W
  • PLS UV lamp: 9 W
  • Output water flow rate: Max 1.2 l/min
  • Max. input water temperature: 45 °C
  • Max. input water pressure: 2.0 bar
  • Min. input water pressure: 0.5 bar
  • Min. input water temperature: 5 °C


Conclusion

The best part about it is that at all times, only pure water will be released from the purifier, i.e. if 3000 liters are reached and the candle not changed, then the purifier stops releasing water, unlike Eureka which will still keep pouring impure water. Now some may find this inconvenient, but we found this a very good feature as a purifier must only provide pure water and not impure water.

Links




No comments:

Post a Comment